Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Hearing is Believing

Mark 9: And a cloud came and overshadowed them; and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!” Suddenly, when they had looked around, they saw no one anymore, but only Jesus with themselves.

============

Stunned, I just sat there. I heard the store guard say “Listen to me” and I came out of my dazed stupor. I guess the shock of being chased by yet another gang got to me this time. I could now hear.

  • Sometimes I am so shocked that I cannot hear.
  • Sometimes I am so wrapped up in my world that I cannot hear.
  • Sometimes things are so overwhelming that I cannot hear.


Stunned is what the disciples felt when they saw Elijah and Moses and knew who they were. Their minds could not grasp what was going on. Suddenly a voice out of the cloud spoke to them. “This is MY beloved SON. Hear HIM!” They could now focus.

  • GOD says to me “Believe in MY one and only SON.”
  • GOD says to me “Listen to the ONE who can save you and the rest of the world.”
  • GOD says to me “HE is the only way, the only truth and the only life.”


Hearing is truly believing. When I can hear with my “heart” then I can believe. Unfortunately my heart attacks truth when it is filled with anger, hatred, lust, envy or doubt. BUT GOD is faithful and just to clean my heart and clear my thoughts long enough to hear HIM. HIS SON is who I should listen to.

  • Are you stuck?
  • Are the ears to your heart closed and you cannot hear GOD?
  • Can you stop fighting GOD and release what you are holding onto?


No comments:

Post a Comment