Friday, January 5, 2018

Holder of Life


Mark 9: And He said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that there are some standing here who will not taste death till they see the kingdom of God present with power.”

============

“You can extend your life by 10 years” is what the personal trainer said to me as he challenged me to do another rep. Eat right, sleep right, exercise right were all terms used to say I would live longer.

  • Sometimes I think I can “extend” my life.
  • Sometimes I think I am in control of “my” life.
  • Sometimes I think death is an arbitrary date that I have control over.


JESUS clearly knew who HE was speaking about when HE said this simple statement. HE knew when people would live and when they would die.

  • GOD says to me “There is a day and time appointed for you.”
  • GOD says to me “Death has no power over you when you love ME.”
  • GOD says to me “Everlasting life is what I came to the world to give you.”


When JESUS rose, HE got up with great power. HE had overcome ALL sin. Belief in HIS power enables me to have everlasting life with HIM in HIS kingdom. HE holds my life in HIS hands.

  • Are you trying to “extend” your life?
  • Do you think you are in control of your life?
  • Will you give your life to JESUS and let HIM guide you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment