Monday, January 15, 2018

Partial Assistance

Mark 9: 19 He answered him and said, “O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him to Me.” 20 Then they brought him to Him. And when he saw Him, immediately the spirit convulsed him, and he fell on the ground and wallowed, foaming at the mouth.

21 So He asked his father, “How long has this been happening to him?”

And he said, “From childhood. 22 And often he has thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.”

23 Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”
24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”

============

“Don’t worry, I have been practicing for over 20 years” the doctor said to me. “I understand, but I’m still nervous” was my reply as I was about to have four wisdom teeth ripped from my mouth.

  • Sometimes explanations don’t help me.
  • Sometimes examples don’t calm me down.
  • Sometimes knowing just isn’t enough for me.


The father came to JESUS probably knowing JESUS could heal his son. JESUS says something strange to the father. HE says “Believe” to the father. I like and understand the father’s response.

  • JESUS tells me to believe but sometimes I must as HIM to fill in on the areas I can’t believe.
  • JESUS tells me to expect things to happen but sometimes I need HIM to fill in my unbelief.
  • JESUS tells me to know that anything is possible with belief, but sometimes I need HIM to provide the extra part of the belief that will enable a miracle.


“I believe; help my unbelief” is a great statement. I do believe that GOD can do marvelous things, but the part of me that has been worn down by the world may not fully believe, so I need help with my belief. JESUS is willing and able to supply the missing part to my belief.

When life deals out yet another crushing blow, JESUS is there saying “I got this.” HE is there when no one else is.

  • Have you been dealt yet another piece of bad news?
  • Do you feel you don’t have the belief to continue on with GOD’s work?
  • Can you ask HIM for a dose of belief so HE can carry you through?


No comments:

Post a Comment