Thursday, January 4, 2018

Soul Matters

Mark 8: 34 When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, “Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 35 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it. 36 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? 37 Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 38 For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”

============

“What kind of job will I get?” was the only thing on my mind at the time. Seven jobs later I found myself with another question, “What is my purpose?”

  • There were times when I thought life meant “How much money can I make?”
  • There were times when I thought life was about the insurance carrier I could obtain.
  • There were times when I thought life equated to houses, cars and gadgets.


“Now that’s living” were the words in my mind as I lusted after people with lavish lifestyles. BUT GOD broke things down differently.

  • JESUS says to me “Take up your cross and follow me daily.”
  • JESUS says to me “Your soul is more important to me than the lusts of this world.”
  • JESUS says to me “Seek ME without being ashamed of me and I will remember you upon MY return.”


Telling a group that my life matters is noble, BUT GOD tells me “Souls Matter.” HE has a place made for me where the quality of life never diminishes. There is no anger, no guilt, and no shame. HE wants all souls which includes race, gender and other forms of discrimination. HE is excited when I follow HIM and wants others to do the same.

  • Are you trying to gain more of the world?
  • Do you feel bitter and rage when someone else gets ahead?
  • Can you stop trying to become bigger in humans eyes and give your soul back to GOD who created you?


No comments:

Post a Comment