Monday, January 8, 2018

Talking Scared


Mark 9: Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John, and led them up on a high mountain apart by themselves; and He was transfigured before them. His clothes became shining, exceedingly white, like snow, such as no launderer on earth can whiten them. And Elijah appeared to them with Moses, and they were talking with Jesus. Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, “Rabbi, it is good for us to be here; and let us make three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah”— because he did not know what to say, for they were greatly afraid.

============

“What were you all doing?” said one of the pledge leaders in the fraternity. Scared out of my wits, I blurted out the truth. “We got delayed looking for our line brothers” I said. “Wait a minute, they said they were with you.”

  • There have been times when I was in trouble.
  • There have been times when I thought I had to say something.
  • There have been times when I needed to keep my mouth shut long enough to understand the situation.


I was actually not trying to get anyone in trouble, just save our hides. Peter had no clue what he was saying. He did not question the fact that Elijah and Moses were right there in front of them after being written about hundreds if not thousands of years prior. He was so scared that he blurted what was top of mind.

  • GOD wants me to recognize HIS amazing power.
  • GOD wants me to be prepared when HE shows me HIS face.
  • GOD wants me to seek out HIS amazement on a daily basis.


JESUS will return soon someday and I need to be ready for an amazing appearance. I don’t know how prepared I can be, but I do know I would prefer HIM to catch me in the act of doing something HE wants me to do.

  • When you get frightened do you blurt out the first words that come to mind?
  • Before you speak, can you ask GOD “Is this what you want me to say?”
  • Will you slow down when you are frightened and let GOD give you the right words?”



No comments:

Post a Comment