Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Doubt Repellent


Mark 11: 20 Now in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots. 21 And Peter, remembering, said to Him, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree which You cursed has withered away.”

22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

============

“I’m going to make it” I thought to myself. Immediately after thinking this marvelous thought another thought crossed my mind. “But what if you don’t make it? You may get hurt.” I tried anyway. I threw one leg over the fence, as I saw everyone else do, but hesitated with the other. My pant leg got caught in the link fence, slamming my face into the links.

  • Sometimes I doubt.
  • Sometimes I fear.
  • Sometimes I hold back because there is a part of me that just does not believe.


JESUS pointed out special power that is available to everyone. HE had to get Peter to see that it wasn’t about the fig tree at all. But what am I supposed to do?

  • JESUS says to me “Ask me for anything when you pray to MY.”
  • JESUS says to me “Believe that you will receive them and you will have them.”
  • JESUS says to me “Nothing is possible with humans, but with GOD all things are possible.”


By placing every request at JESUS’s feet enables HIM to be LORD of my life. HE has the right to say “No” to my request, yet I should believe that HE can grant the request if HE desired to. This, however, sometimes creates a conflict. “Am I praying for the right things?”

JESUS wants me to cut it out and move forward. Pray, believe and receive. That is my only concern.

  • Are you dreaming of something but have doubts?
  • Do you think you want something large but feel so small that you think you dream cannot be reached?
  • Will you place your doubt in JESUS hands along with your dream and ask to be filled with faith?


No comments:

Post a Comment