Thursday, February 8, 2018

Following

Mark 11:Then they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their clothes on it, and He sat on it. And many spread their clothes on the road, and others cut down leafy branches from the trees and spread them on the road. Then those who went before and those who followed cried out, saying:

“Hosanna!

‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’

10 Blessed is the kingdom of our father David

That comes in the name of the Lord!

Hosanna in the highest!”

11 And Jesus went into Jerusalem and into the temple. So when He had looked around at all things, as the hour was already late, He went out to Bethany with the twelve.

============

TV celebrities never really excited me. When a star, athlete or someone else famous was in the same room, I may have gotten an autograph but did not care. “The CEO is coming to your meeting” someone told me one day. My heart raced and I stayed awake planning for days. I guess I was affected by famous people.

  • There were times when I followed certain humans.
  • There were times when I wished humans would follow me.
  • There were times when I recognized powerful people and raised them up on a pedestal.


By this time the fame of JESUS has spread throughout the region. HE healed people with ailments that had lingered for decades. HIS humble, servant approach was quite different from the church leaders. HE had people following HIM that did not even know exactly why they were following HIM.

  • JESUS says to me “Follow ME and I will guide you to eternal peace.”
  • JESUS says to me “Follow ME and I will lead you beside still waters and restore you.”
  • JESUS says to me “Follow ME for I will be with you always.”


One main reason to follow JESUS versus following a human is HE never falls and never fails. Humans will disappoint me constantly. I will disappoint someone in the next five minutes. BUT GOD never fails. HE is the highest and no one is greater! I follow JESUS because HE provides something no other can provide… hope.

  • Are you trying to get people to follow you?
  • Are you following a lot of people?
  • Can you start follow JESUS by looking at HIS examples today?

No comments:

Post a Comment