Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Keep Calling


Mark 10: 46 Now they came to Jericho. As He went out of Jericho with His disciples and a great multitude, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the road begging. 47 And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”

48 Then many warned him to be quiet; but he cried out all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”

49 So Jesus stood still and commanded him to be called.

Then they called the blind man, saying to him, “Be of good cheer. Rise, He is calling you.”

50 And throwing aside his garment, he rose and came to Jesus.

51 So Jesus answered and said to him, “What do you want Me to do for you?”
The blind man said to Him, “Rabboni, that I may receive my sight.”

52 Then Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.”And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus on the road.

============

“Why don’t you just give up” one professor told me. I had a failing grade point average and a lot of classes ahead of me. With no guidance, I felt defeated.

  • Sometimes I feel like giving up.
  • Sometimes it looks as if problems will never stop.
  • Sometimes it seems like there is no solution and on top of problems, people try to kick me when I am down.


With no regard of Bartimaeus’s blindness, the crowd tried to silence him as he cried out to JESUS. Bartimaeus knew this was possibly his only chance. How often would JESUS travel to Jericho? How often would JESUS be within ear shot of Bartimaeus? He probably screamed until he was horse and JESUS heard him.

  • JESUS wants me to pursue HIM with conviction.
  • JESUS desires that I scream for HIM when things look bleak.
  • JESUS hears me when I keep calling to HIM in spite of my thinking.


“Do not be discouraged” is not a conviction from GOD; rather it is HIS cry out to me to tell me HE loves me. GOD wants to remove my spiritual blindness; all I have to do is cry out to HIM.

  • Are you deserving of something?
  • Are you mad at GOD about your situation?
  • Can you call out to GOD today and ask HIM to remove your spiritual blindness?


No comments:

Post a Comment