Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Loser


Mark 14: 10 Then Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve, went to the chief priests to betray Him to them. 11 And when they heard it, they were glad, and promised to give him money. So he sought how he might conveniently betray Him.

============

As the newness of this potential boss wore off, I could see some flaws in his leadership style. Instead of helping, I put some “distance” away from his projects. I asked another leader in the department, “Can I work for you?”

  • Sometimes I want to bail on a person who is not acting the way I want them to.
  • Sometimes I want to leave the person I think is acting opposite of my beliefs.
  • Sometimes I want to escape from the person I categorize as a “Loser.”


Judas decided to switch sides. As the political landscape was rapidly changing, Judas may have seen his fame, wealth and glory slipping away. “What a loser” Judas may have thought about JESUS. Since he had the inside track on JESUS, he figured he could simply have JESUS jailed and get some money. What harm could this do?

  • GOD says to me “If you call your brother a worthless fool you will be in danger of going to the fire of hell.”
  • GOD says to me “Put away all the following: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and filthy language from your mouth.”
  • GOD says to me “Have compassion.”


Impatient labeling is a dangerous practice. GOD wants me to remove my negative labels of people and see them as HE sees them… forgiven. HE wants me to stop judging people and to turn to HIS graceful ways. This is not always easy but it is a practice GOD is pleased with.

  • Are you labeling someone?
  • Do you place nothing but negative labels on others?
  • Can you stop labeling people and start encouraging them to have a wonderful relationship with the LORD?


No comments:

Post a Comment