Thursday, March 15, 2018

One of you


Mark 14: 17 In the evening He came with the twelve. 18 Now as they sat and ate, Jesus said, “Assuredly, I say to you, one of you who eats with Me will betray Me.”
19 And they began to be sorrowful, and to say to Him one by one, “Is it I?” And another said, “Is it I?”

20 He answered and said to them, It is one of the twelve, who dips with Me in the dish. 21 The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had never been born.”

============

Giggling in the coat closet, the class surrounded us. We were supposed to go in, kiss and come out with cheers, as stated by the rules of the game. Before I went in, the door to the room opened up and everyone scrambled to get back to their seats. One person changed the whole dynamics of what was going on.

  • I have been affected by one person.
  • I have had my course altered by one person.
  • I have tried to go in one direction but at times only one person kept me from going there.


“One of you who eats with ME will betray ME” said JESUS to HIS disciples. These words changed the atmosphere from peaceful to anguish. One person’s behavior affected many, unfortunately in a negative way.

  • JESUS wants me to affect people in a positive way if I can.
  • JESUS wants me to spread HIS message of grace when I can.
  • JESUS wants me to HIS disciple while I can.


The power of “one” begins and ends with me. I have to make a choice to spread GOD’s message of love and grace in places where there may not be anyone who will accept HIM. GOD wants me to have the courage to rely on HIS power to transform.

HE doesn’t need me to try harder, in fact HE’d rather me just be willing to sit in the presence of those who HE sends me to. JESUS says “one person can affect the world just as I did and that person is you.”

  • What is GOD saying to you?
  • Is GOD putting something big in front of you and you are scared to do it?
  • Can you accept GOD’s plan for you and begin affecting people whit HIS love today?

No comments:

Post a Comment