Friday, March 16, 2018

Preparation


Mark 14: 22 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”

23 Then He took the cup, and when He had given thanks He gave it to them, and they all drank from it. 24 And He said to them, “This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many. 25 Assuredly, I say to you, I will no longer drink of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.”

26 And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

============

Searching for the right nail only took a few minutes. I hung this particular frame with care. It was my diploma and what was so special about it was it was earned with a huge struggle. I remember the struggle when I gaze at the sheet of paper most would overlook.

  • I have many reminders I can look at.
  • I have many items that bring me back to memories both fond and difficult.
  • I have many things I can look at that reminds me of what I went through.


JESUS served HIS disciples with a purpose. HE alone would be blamed for every sin of every person. HE would be killed because a sinless human had to be responsible for the mess humans were in. JESUS showed them symbols that were important to HIS upcoming actions.

  • JESUS wants me to recognize that HE blessed the bread to HIS FATHER.
  • JESUS wants me to think about HIM giving thanks before HE served the wine.
  • JESUS wants me to understand that HIS preparation also included singing.


Each time I remember what JESUS did for me, prepares me for the plan HE has for me. HIS death, burial and resurrection inspires me to get up another day and face the challenges and the blessings. HE prepares me for HIS wonderful blessings. One day I too will drink with HIM in the kingdom of GOD.

  • Do you know you are being prepared?
  • Can you recognize GOD has a plan for you?
  • Will you take a moment right now and remember what JESUS did for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment