Thursday, March 1, 2018

Pressure Relief


Mark 13: “You must be on your guard. You will be handed over to the local councils and flogged in the synagogues. On account of me you will stand before governors and kings as witnesses to them. 10 And the gospel must first be preached to all nations. 11 Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit.
12 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child. Children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 13 Everyone will hate you because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

============

Work was piling up and it seemed like the trifecta hit at once. Expense reports were due, annual evaluations were also due and a few higher ups were scoundrels so they piled on work liberally. I was under tremendous pressure.

  • There have been times when I was under extreme pressure.
  • There have been times when I was in the spotlight, trying to meet unrealistic demands.
  • There have been times when I was scrutinized, challenged and placed in no win situations.


More difficult news came from JESUS as HE was trying to fortify HIS disciples before HIS death. How in the world would they be able to handle the pressures of life? GOD had an answer.

  • GOD says to me “Be on guard because you will have opposition that is a spiritual battle.”
  • GOD says to me “Do not worry about what you will say because I will give you the words.”
  • GOD says to me “Stand firm to the end and be saved.”


JESUS wants me to expect trials and tribulation. When I see tremendous pressure building, HE wants me to know HE is the source of relief. GOD leads me to peace and guides me back to HIS tremendous love. HE does not deserve blame, rather HE deserves my praise. Thank GOD, for I can give HIM all of life’s pressures.

  • Are you under pressure?
  • Do you think “that” person hates you?
  • Can you stop focusing on the trial and focus on GOD for relief today?

No comments:

Post a Comment