Thursday, March 8, 2018

Who to do it for


Mark 14: After two days it was the Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread. And the chief priests and the scribes sought how they might take Him by trickery and put Him to death. But they said, “Not during the feast, lest there be an uproar of the people.”

============

“Do I have to go?” was my question filled with dread. “Yes” was the answer and off we went to church. As I sat through the boring exposition I dreamt of other things I could be doing. “Man! I could be playing with my friends right now” I thought to myself.

  • Sometimes I reluctantly do things.
  • Sometimes I am not really present because I didn’t want to be there in the first place.
  • Sometimes I am in a place for what “I” can get out of that place.


The church leader’s hearts were filled with so much poison that they could not hold it any longer. “This JESUS guy has got to go!” I imagined they said. “If we can fool the people then maybe HIS death will look like HE deserved it” is another thought.

They did this during the most holy time of celebration, the remembrance of GOD’s deliverance by passing HIS people over from death. They didn’t want an uproar from the people so they waited. They did not know who the Passover was for.

  • GOD wants me to worship HIM not the building I go to.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS direction not just do things out of habit.
  • GOD wants me to celebrate HIM not just celebrate traditions.


Attending church and celebrating special days in which GOD did something significant to all of mankind should not be taken lightly. GOD doesn’t want me celebrating the day, rather HE wants me to celebrate HIM.

HE should always be my focus but sometimes I slip into the comforts of blindly gathering without even mentioning HIM. Food and drink are wonderful, BUT GOD is my reason for celebration.

  • Do you attend church without thinking about your relationship with GOD?
  • Do you have big plans for a special day without once asking GOD what HE wants you to do?
  • Will you stop doing things to be noticed by humans and do things strictly for GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment