Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Word Power



Mark 13: 28 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.29 So you also, when you see these things happening, know that it[f] is near—at the doors! 30 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. 31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

============

My limit had been reached. The person kept taunting me and I could not hold it in any longer. I blasted the person with a torrent of obscenities and degradations I had practiced in my mind. It felt better. I was superior!

  • There were times I just wanted to bring someone down.
  • There were times I wanted to just rip into a person.
  • There were times I wanted to simply tell the person what I thought about them and make sure they never forgot my words.


JESUS says to HIS disciples that the earth would be destroyed someday. All the work humans thought was important would eventually disappear. But what will happen?

  • GOD says to me “Pass MY words to as many people as you can.”
  • GOD says to me “MY words do not go out without substantial return.”
  • GOD says to me “Heaven and earth will pass away, but MY words will by no means pass away.


Words spoken by JESUS are eternal so HE chose them carefully. HE wants me to do the same. Instead of practicing poisonous negative words filled with complaints and doubts, JESUS wants me to practice HIS words. GOD’s words are filled with compassion, love kindness and gentleness towards me. HE wants me to pass this on with abundance.

  • Are you ready to curse someone out?
  • Have you been replaying negative words over and over in your mind and are on the verge of spewing them out towards someone?
  • Can you ask GOD to adjust your thinking and have HIM remove the poison so HIS sweet, sweet words can flow from your mouth today?


No comments:

Post a Comment