Thursday, April 12, 2018

Special Shout



Special Shout
Mark 15: 38 Then the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. 39 So when the centurion, who stood opposite Him, saw that He cried out like this and breathed His last, he said, “Truly this Man was the Son of God!”

40 There were also women looking on from afar, among whom were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James the Less and of Joses, and Salome, 41 who also followed Him and ministered to Him when He was in Galilee, and many other women who came up with Him to Jerusalem.

============

“Hey, watch out!” cried someone to me. I was half way paying attention but still motioning towards the street. I stopped walking before the car sped past me. I am glad I heard the bystander.

Sometimes I need my attention grabbed.
Sometimes I need someone to scream rescuing words to me.
Sometimes I need a shout that is in my favor.

This was no ordinary shout from JESUS. When HE cried out with a shout, things happened. The earth shook and the veil of the temple was torn in two “from top to bottom.” HIS murderers realized the mistake they made by killing the SON of GOD.

JESUS saved me with HIS shout.
JESUS saved me when HE said “It is finished.”
JESUS saved me when HE said “FATHER I commend MY SPIRIT to YOU.”

The price had been paid. All blame for sin had been accounted for. The women followers were there to witness all of this from a distance. The guards were looking for the disciples who were scattered in safety. During this chaotic time, JESUS’s cry was heard by everyone. HIS shout is still heard today.

Do you need rescue from walking blindly through life?
Do you think it is your power that will enable you to fix everything?
Can you listen to GOD today as HE is trying to guide you towards HIS marvelous plan for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment