Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Belief Ingredient


Luke: 34 Then Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I do not know a man?”
35 And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God. 36 Now indeed, Elizabeth your relative has also conceived a son in her old age; and this is now the sixth month for her who was called barren. 37 For with God nothing will be impossible.”

38 Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.

============

After playing with my trucks I returned to the kitchen. “Here… pour this teaspoon into the batter” were my instructions. I did and after a couple of hours the cake was done. “I baked a cake!” I boasted.

  • Sometimes I think it is my actions that cause things to happen.
  • Sometimes I think I have to add something in order to make life go right.
  • Sometimes I think I have to try harder because if I don’t GOD will not grant me my wishes.


Instant belief was the only ingredient Mary had in this recipe of eternal salvation for mankind. She did not question if were possible, but what part she had in this miracle. “I do not know a man?” was probably a call to say, “What, am I supposed to stop being a virgin and have a baby? What would you like me to do?” GOD had everything planned out.

  • GOD is the ONE who saved me before I sinned.
  • GOD is the ONE who created me, knowing all my sins, even before I was born.
  • GOD is the ONE who has a plan for me and has already seen it executed so HE can always keep the promise HE has for me.


When GOD puts a plan into action for me, HE has everything taken care of. HE knows I may forget something or mess up the plan by adding fear to it so HE does it all for me.

The problem is sometimes I don’t believe HE has taken care of everything, so I jump in with my spoon full of doubt and try to add that into HIS delicious cake of life. GOD has taken care of everything! All HE wants from me is instant belief.

  • Do you doubt GOD?
  • Do you think you need to work harder because you feel HE doesn’t love you the way you want to be loved?
  • Will you stop trying so hard to gain the love HE already has for you?
  • Will you simply believe in HIS 100% plan today?

No comments:

Post a Comment