Friday, May 11, 2018

Facing Decrees



Luke 2: And it came to pass in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. This census first took place while Quirinius was governing Syria. So all went to be registered, everyone to his own city.

Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, to be registered with Mary, his betrothed wife,  who was with child. So it was, that while they were there, the days were completed for her to be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

============

As I walked out of the interview, something told me to speak with the official looking person walking towards the parking lot. The company I had just interviewed with was just placed on a global hiring freeze and I felt a bit dejected.

The person in the parking lot confirmed the statement but said something amazing. “Call our company. I am a recruiter.” I called and weeks later began working for that company.

  • Some human decrees seem devastating to me.
  • Some human decrees seem like they add hurdles to my life.
  • Some human decrees seem like snap judgments leaning towards greed.


Joseph and Mary had to do what the government said. Registering with the government meant more money for the government and Joseph complied. Little did he know that this decree was being used by GOD.

  • GOD places huge situations in front of me so I can tell it is HIM.
  • GOD uses human decrees for HIS good, even when I think the decree is harsh and filled with greed.
  • GOD has a plan for me that includes human decrees especially when humans think they are in control.


Whether it is government or work or an of track church, GOD laughs at human plans. “They think they are in control” HE giggles. The reality is GOD is in control. HE knew towns would be flooded with people who would stay at the best hotels, so HE took the lower route and had HIS SON born in a barn and laid in a dirty feeding trough.

GOD sees the enormity of various situations in my life as well. HE knows the barriers before me are laughable to HIM. HE carriers me through the troubles and lays me down beside HIS still waters of peace. GOD is my refuge.

  • Are you facing something huge?
  • Do you see a huge human decree that seems to be immovable?
  • Can you put your trust in GOD today knowing HE has already taken care of your situation in spite of what humans think?

No comments:

Post a Comment