Thursday, May 10, 2018

Fill Up and Go


Luke 1: 76 “And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Highest;
For you will go before the face of the Lord to prepare His ways,
77 To give knowledge of salvation to His people
By the remission of their sins,
78 Through the tender mercy of our God,
With which the Dayspring from on high has visited us;
79 To give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death,
To guide our feet into the way of peace.”

80 So the child grew and became strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his manifestation to Israel.

============

“I have to go to the bathroom” I exclaimed. Not knowing if the time was convenient or not, the feeling just came over me. We had to pull over on the side of the dark unlit road. I was terrified! When we got back in the car and started going I said “I’m hungry, are we there yet?”

  • There were times when I was not prepared to go down the road.
  • There were times when I did not want to be on the road.
  • There were times when I just wanted to be at the destination rather than going down the road.


Zacharias declared John would fill up on the knowledge of the LORD and go to those who ignored GOD’s grace. John would have a long road to travel so his preparation had to come from GOD directly. He grew and became strong in the SPIRIT so any obstruction in the road would not deter him.

  • GOD says to me “Go before the face of the LORD.”
  • GOD says to me “Give knowledge of salvation to MY people.”
  • GOD says to me “Give light to those who sit in darkness and guide everyone into the way of peace.”


Being unprepared for the twists and turns of life may put me in a dangerous situation, sitting on the side of a dark road cowering in fear. BUT GOD wants me to be prepared for life. HE wants me to seek HIS face and understand that I am not alone but HE is with me, guiding me to HE sends me to. HIS message is simple “MY mercy is tender and MY love endures forever.”

  • Are you prepared for life?
  • Do you still react to life’s difficulties with pouting like a child?
  • Can you ask GOD to help you grow and to become strong in the SPIRIT?


No comments:

Post a Comment