Monday, May 14, 2018

Making Announcements


Luke 2: Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. 10 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. 11 For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.”

============

“Ball return on 15” were the words everyone in the place could hear. I finally got my chance to get on the bowling alley’s sound system and tell everyone that a bowling ball was stuck on lane 15 and someone other than me was to go and rectify the situation. I felt cool!

  • There were times when I wanted to be heard.
  • There were times when I wanted everyone’s attention.
  • There were times when I wanted to speak in a forum where everyone could hear me.


The angel appeared for the third time with a wonderful announcement. He went to the working class shepherds who were on duty watching over sheep. There the announcement was made that GOD, born as a child, would be found in a dirty feeding trough.

Though they were terrified, he announced that they should not be afraid, rather proclaim joy because THE SAVIOR had been born.

  • GOD says to me “Go and tell everyone about MY SON.”
  • GOD says to me “Proclaim the great news that salvation is for all people.”
  • GOD says to me “Announce JESUS as the world’s only hope.”


Being heard by people is great when I have something important to say. GOD wants the message to be about HIM rather than pointing out how great “I” think I am. HE doesn’t want me to have a crowd rather HE deserves the crowd and sometimes HE uses words through me to announce HIS greatness.

  • Do you wish to be heard?
  • Are you upset at something and want to tell everyone about it?
  • Can you tell everyone about the Great News about JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment