Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Significance


Luke 26 Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, 27 to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 And having come in, the angel said to her, “Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”

29 But when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was. 30 Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. 33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.”

============

“This is my chance” I said to myself many times in my search for significance stage. As I grabbed the mic, I stood in front of the judges and confidently gave my audition. I stayed and watched the next person because I just wanted to see who would lose to me. The person was significantly better than me.

  • There were times when I sought significance amongst humans.
  • There were times when I wanted humans to place esteemed labels on me above other humans.
  • There were times when I searched for significance in what I did.


Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!” this ultra-scary being said to Mary. She was a poor and unknown person who may not have done anything worth noting in the community. By all accounts Mary would at best be labeled “regular.” BUT GOD said something different.

  • GOD says to me “I made you for MY purpose.”
  • GOD says to me “I created you with a purpose that only you can do.”
  • GOD says to me “I rescued you out of MY grace and mercy so you can show others the same.”


The only significant one is JESUS. My name can remain unknown. HE grows me to point others to HIM and not to myself. HE doesn’t want me crowding the news, grabbing all the attention.

HE wants me to say “HE is great. HE is the SON of the HIGHEST. HE is the ONE who has the throne. HE is the ruler of the kingdom that has no end.”  My significance comes in pointing to the ONE who is truly significant.

  • Are you looking for the spotlight?
  • Do you seek significance in your title or your job or amongst your family?
  • Can you stop thinking you are insignificant and start pointing to the ONE who is truly significant, namely JESUS?

No comments:

Post a Comment