Thursday, June 7, 2018

Desire to Win


Luke 3: 12 Then tax collectors also came to be baptized, and said to him, “Teacher, what shall we do?”
13 And he said to them, “Collect no more than what is appointed for you.”

============

“How did you beat him?” I asked. “It’s my secret” was the reply. I watched him play the game again and noticed he was taking money out of the bank as his opponent wasn’t looking. He was cheating! This seemed like a great idea. “Maybe now I can win” I thought to myself.

  • There were times when I would do whatever it would take to win.
  • There were times when I would stretch the truth in order to win.
  • There were times when I would cut corners, stack the deck and lean things in my favor in order to win.


John said to the tax collectors “Collect no more than what is appointed for you” knowing most of them would skim a lot off the top for themselves. The industry was corrupt and it was widely accepted amongst people so their practices, while sneaky, were accepted. BUT GOD wants me to act differently.

  • GOD says to me “A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is HIS delight.”
  • GOD says to me “The LORD wants weights and measures to be honest and every sale to be fair.”
  • GOD says to me “Use honest scales, honest weights, and honest measures. I am the LORD your GOD, and I brought you out of Egypt.”


Honesty should be placed higher than winning every time. The desire to please GOD is in fact “winning” every time I play. Whether it is a game or a business deal, GOD wants me to ask HIM “How do you want me to handle this transaction?” HE can decide the outcome and when HE does, I win every time because I accept GOD’s will.

  • Are you hung up on winning?
  • Do you lie to yourself in order to justify your actions?
  • Can you stop trying to win and start listening to GOD who always has a great plan for you?  


No comments:

Post a Comment