Friday, June 8, 2018

Driven Career


Luke 3: 14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

============

“Be cool” was the thought that ran through my mind as the negotiations continued. The opposition was trying to play hardball and I had to do the same. In order to get more money, I may need to flex my power to show them who is really in charge.

  • There were times when I thought intimidation was the key to success.
  • There were times when I thought getting “tougher” was best for “my” career.
  • There were times when I thought climbing the ladder meant taking others down so I could make more money.


Soldiers of certain leaders would not only protect their king, but would sometimes hurt people to take their money, falsely accuse people in order to take their homes and grouse about how little they made in wages. John saw through their question with the aid of the HOLY SPIRIT. His message speaks to me.

  • GOD wants me to desire to have peace with people.
  • GOD wants me to use my power for grace and mercy versus violence and intimidation.
  • GOD wants me to be content with my wages knowing HE is the one who sustains me.


Wow! Everything in this passage seemed to go against what the “successful” people would tell me. I mean those who would tell me to “get tough” are the same people who would tell me I would never have “enough” money. BUT GOD says something different.

GOD wants me to be tough enough to stand up for those who are wronged. HE desires that I trade in my intimidation for compassion. When I get paid for my services, HE wants me to be excited rather than in a constant state of complaint. HE wants me in a state of grace and peace.

  • Are you discontent?
  • Do you have a complaint about where GOD has you?
  • Can you ask GOD for peace with people and contentment for where HE has you?

No comments:

Post a Comment