Monday, June 4, 2018

In Control



Luke 3: Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judea, Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, his brother Philip tetrarch of Iturea and the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias tetrarch of Abilene, while Annas and Caiaphas were high priests, the word of God came to John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness. And he went into all the region around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins, as it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, saying:

“The voice of one crying in the wilderness:
‘Prepare the way of the Lord;
Make His paths straight.
Every valley shall be filled

And every mountain and hill brought low;
The crooked places shall be made straight
And the rough ways smooth;
And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.’ ”

============

A friend of mine became a crossing guard. Ten minutes before the end of day school bell, he would get up and leave class. When I saw him get up, I started getting my stuff together and got up as well.

The teacher asked, “Where are you going?” “To help him” I replied. “Sit down” she replied. When the bell rang I raced to the corner to “help.” I stood there directing students and traffic.

  • There were times when I wanted to feel important.
  • There were times when I wanted to lead people.
  • There were times when I wanted to be in control of something.


John spoke about JESUS in a mighty way. His compelling words resonate today as he spoke of trading in sin for belief in CHRIST. John taught people of the One who would truly be in control.

  • JESUS wants me to speak about HIS power over the physical earth.
  • JESUS wants me to speak about HIS return will changing the physical properties of the earth as well as the moral attitude of the world.
  • JESUS wants me to prepare the way for HIS imminent return.


“Yeah, yeah, yeah” is what people say when people speak about JESUS’ return. They place people in the crazy category who speak of what seems to be a Hollywood tale of a higher being returning. BUT GOD wants me to speak about JESUS anyway, despite the labels.

HE is and will always be in control of the heavens and the earth. HE has the power over life and death and one day will show HIS face to all. I, like John must prepare as many people as GOD allows, to help people praise HIM the way HE should be praised.

  • Are you ashamed of your calling?
  • Do you fit in and look like everyone around you?
  • Is GOD calling you to speak of HIS return, bringing life and peace to those who believe in HIM?  


No comments:

Post a Comment