Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Character Witness


Luke 4: 40 When the sun was setting, all those who had any that were sick with various diseases brought them to Him; and He laid His hands on every one of them and healed them. 41 And demons also came out of many, crying out and saying, “You are the Christ, the Son of God!”

And He, rebuking them, did not allow them to speak, for they knew that He was the Christ.

============

“How do I get out of this?” I thought. “I got it! I will tell them the names of police officers and judges I know” I planned in my head to get out of jury duty. I had too many other things to do rather than sitting around listening to crimes. “I wonder if I should lie.” I was not chosen.

  • There were times when I wanted to show bad character.
  • There were times when I desired to sin a lot and still represent GOD.
  • There were times when I wanted to be in control of my time and I would do anything to remain in control, even lie.


JESUS showed people just how powerful HE was. HE healed those who were sick and sent demons out of many. The demons wanted to scream “YOU are the CHRIST, the SON of GOD!” This statement was definitely true and many needed to hear it, BUT GOD did not want HIS name mentioned by those who rejected HIM.

  • GOD wants me to represent HIM by pointing people to HIS SON.
  • GOD wants me to acknowledge I am a sinner saved by grace so people will come back to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to remain focused on telling people about grace rather than accusing them of sinning.


Day and night the Accuser goes before the throne, blaming each human for the sins they commit. This is a poor character witness because the devil was thrown out of heaven and wants to destroy GOD’s prize creation, namely humanity.

BUT GOD allowed “THE CHRIST” which is JESUS to voluntarily take all the blame and wipe away my sin. THE HOLY SPIRIT speaks on my behalf, nullifying every accusation brought against me. HE is my character witness.

  • Have you examined your character lately?
  • Does your character include blaming people for their faults?
  • Will you preach “grace” that can only come from “THE CHRIST” today?


No comments:

Post a Comment