Thursday, July 5, 2018

Empty Hole



Luke 4: 42 Now when it was day, He departed and went into a deserted place. And the crowd sought Him and came to Him, and tried to keep Him from leaving them; 43 but He said to them, “I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, because for this purpose I have been sent.”44 And He was preaching in the synagogues of Galilee.

============

“What service project will we do?” was the question posed in a corporate meeting. “I know…” exclaimed a coworker. “Let’s help rehab a house of someone.” We chipped in our time, got some great photos and immediately posted them in the news as corporate heroes. Through all of the excitement, I felt empty.

  • There were times when I tried to fill my empty heart with service projects.
  • There were times when I tried to fill my empty heart with work.
  • There were times when I tried to fill my empty heart with shallow relationships.


JESUS tried to escape from the crowd, yet they found HIM. HE explained to them that HE had a purpose. “I must preach the kingdom of GOD to the other cities also, because for this purpose I have been sent.” HE had healed this local crowd from all kinds of ailments and chased out demons but desired for them to understand HIS purpose so they would be whole.

  • GOD wants me to live my life with HIS purpose.
  • GOD wants me to preach the kingdom of GOD everywhere HE sends me.
  • GOD wants me to proclaim JESUS as the Savior of the world who has already redeemed me.


When I spoke to someone about JESUS for the first time, I felt weird and nervous. With palpitating beats in my chest, I spoke about the kingdom of GOD and the conversation was not the best, but my heart did something strange, it was filled up.

Soon after, GOD gave me the courage to speak about my sins to people, especially the dark yucky ones. People who heard, believed that CHRIST could save them too. My heart was filled more and more to the point of overflowing. GOD gave me HIS purpose.

  • Is your heart empty?
  • Are you trying to fill your empty heart with service, business, empty relationships or self-medication to addiction?
  • Will you seek GOD and allow HIM to guide you in preaching HIS kingdom to someone today?

No comments:

Post a Comment