Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Ingenuity


Luke 5: 17 One day Jesus was teaching, and Pharisees and teachers of the law were sitting there. They had come from every village of Galilee and from Judea and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was with Jesus to heal the sick. 18 Some men came carrying a paralyzed man on a mat and tried to take him into the house to lay him before Jesus. 19 When they could not find a way to do this because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on his mat through the tiles into the middle of the crowd, right in front of Jesus.

20 When Jesus saw their faith, he said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven.”

============

“We have a business problem” were the words posed to me that started my wheels turning. I loved solving business problems, the more complex the problem, the better. I pondered solutions for days, even weeks. Finally I came up with a solution and when I implemented it, I received awards and cash!

  • There were times when I spent enormous amounts of time thinking of business solutions.
  • There were times when I spent huge amounts of time trying to get the company ahead.
  • There were times when I put forth large efforts developing complicated business solutions that made wealthy people wealthier.


The paralyzed man’s friends probably came up with a simple plan to go see JESUS who was healing people left and right but they ran into a problem. The crowd was too large. They had to think of something.

I could imagine the quick meeting as they discussed options. “Do you think the roof would support our weight?” “How will we get through the roof?” “Does anyone have any rope or should we use our clothes?” JESUS saw their faith as they implemented their solution.

  • GOD wants me to think of ways to bring people to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to spend time pondering solutions to bringing lost people back to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to spend some time developing solutions to meet the needs of people who are seeking HIM.


“Your sins are forgiven” was the unexpected reward JESUS gave the paralyzed man. Who knows how he got paralyzed in the first place. Was he doing something that he wasn’t supposed to? The Bible does not say. JESUS forgave him and I believe his friends benefited as well. GOD sees any ingenuity I can give HIM.

  • Do you have someone who is seeking GOD but they are facing barriers to accepting HIM?
  • Do you know someone who is trying to run from GOD?
  • Can you ask GOD for HIS ingenious plan to be brought to you so you can begin implementing it today?

No comments:

Post a Comment