Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Know the Power



Luke 5: 21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, “Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

22 But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, He answered and said to them, “Why are you reasoning in your hearts? 23 Which is easier, to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Rise up and walk’? 24 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the man who was paralyzed, “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.”

25 Immediately he rose up before them, took up what he had been lying on, and departed to his own house, glorifying God. 26 And they were all amazed, and they glorified God and were filled with fear, saying, “We have seen strange things today!”

============

With one eye squinted I focused on the bad guy, played by my neighbor. My “laser vision” deterred him from stealing the prize. “Wait a minute” I said. I had to put my cape back on which happened to be a bath towel I borrowed from clothes drying outside. When we resumed I stuck my hands out and moved as if I were flying. I was truly powerful that moment.

  • There were times when I wanted to be powerful.
  • There were times when I desired to be a superhero.
  • There were times when I thought it would be good to have super powers so I could fight for good and get rid of evil.


The scribes and the Pharisees heard JESUS forgive the paralyzed man of his sins. They claimed JESUS was not GOD therefore HE could not forgive sins. JESUS perceived their twisted words and proved to the onlookers that HE was in fact GOD by healing the paralytic right in front of their eyes.

  • JESUS wants me to recognize HIS healing power.
  • JESUS wants me to understand HE is GOD along with the FATHER and the HOLY SPIRIT.
  • JESUS wants me to have faith in HIS power and not mine.


“In you weakness I AM made strong” JESUS tells me. HE doesn’t want me to be superior to humans, nor inferior. HE wants me to simply recognize that all humans need HIM to be GOD, not a human concept of a king-genie. JESUS truly has the power to forgive me and I desire to serve HIM.

  • Do you want power?
  • Are you tired of being weak?
  • Can you focus on GOD’s power instead of yours today?


No comments:

Post a Comment