Friday, July 13, 2018

Partnership



Luke 5: For he and all who were with him were astonished at the catch of fish which they had taken; 10 and so also were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, who were partners with Simon. And Jesus said to Simon, “Do not be afraid. From now on you will catch men.” 11 So when they had brought their boats to land, they forsook all and followed Him.

============

“Ask them questions to get to know them” someone suggested to me. I did not like this group of people, but I tolerated their arrogance because they were in charge. The more questions I asked, the more I did not like them. “Why am I here?’ I thought to myself.

  • There were many times when I made up my mind to not like groups of people.
  • There were many times when I sought to point out problems in people.
  • There were many times when I brought negative words into a conversation even before meeting the person.


After JESUS performed the miracle of filling their nets with fish, HE said “Do not be afraid.” I believe HE was speaking on many levels. Do not be afraid of ME or what you will eat or what you will wear or who you talk to, just follow ME and you will catch those I give you. They decided to follow HIM.

  • GOD wants me to partner with HIM so I can seek HIS merciful ways.
  • GOD wants me to partner with HIM so I can point my ambitions toward HIM.
  • GOD wants me to partner with HIM so I can drop the negative opinions of people and give them labels that only come from HIM.


Partnering with GOD means loving people I would not ordinarily love. It means getting rid of my prejudices and filling my mind with grace and fortitude to pursue humans who run away from GOD at every turn.

James, John and Peter also had a human partnership as friends and coworkers. One thing they had in common was they all sought JESUS as their savior and they gave up their lifestyle to follow HIM. They partnered with JESUS on a level that enabled them to do great things.

  • Are you serving GOD on the surface?
  • Are you afraid to give HIM your sins and are trying hard to be good and make everyone around you good?
  • Will you stop trying to manipulate people and allow GOD to use your dirty parts to bring people to HIM?
  • Can you drop your prejudices and allow GOD to send you to people who do not look or act like you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment