Thursday, July 12, 2018

Personal Fuel



Luke 5 : When He had stopped speaking, He said to Simon, “Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.”

But Simon answered and said to Him, “Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless at Your word I will let down the net.” And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking. So they signaled to their partners in the other boat to come and help them. And they came and filled both the boats, so that they began to sink. When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus’ knees, saying, “Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord!”

============


“There is no way I can accomplish that” I said to myself. I looked at my resources and assessed my intellectual prowess and concluded the task at hand was too large for me. “Can you do it?” was the questioned posed to me again. Sadly I said “No.”

There were times when I thought “I” was in control.
There were times when I depended on “my” knowledge.
There were times when I believed in “my” strength.

Simon (Peter) was told to go fish after unsuccessfully fishing all night. He was a professional fisherman who probably had caught many fish and knew when he was not going to have a good day. JESUS knew something different.

GOD tells me to believe the unbelievable.
GOD tells me to have faith in HIM rather than what I see.
GOD tells me to trust in HIS power rather than thinking “I” have all the answers.

Having faith in GOD means letting go of “my” power. If I believe in “me” and “my” abilities, then I may not have room for GOD to take care of the situation. Only when I toil to the point of exhaustion, do I call on GOD. HE wants me to add HIM first when I make my plans. I get my fuel from GOD.

Are you exhausted?
Do you think you need to fix everything?
Can you let GOD handle your situation and give you strength to do what HE wants you to do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment