Monday, February 22, 2010

GOD heals HIS way and HIS time!

Luke 5: 1One day as Jesus was standing by the Lake of Gennesaret,[a]with the people crowding around him and listening to the word of God, 2he saw at the water's edge two boats, left there by the fishermen, who were washing their nets. 3He got into one of the boats, the one belonging to Simon, and asked him to put out a little from shore. Then he sat down and taught the people from the boat. 4When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, "Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch."

5Simon answered, "Master, we've worked hard all night and haven't caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets."

6When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break. 7So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them, and they came and filled both boats so full that they began to sink.

8When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus' knees and said, "Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!" 9For he and all his companions were astonished at the catch of fish they had taken, 10and so were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, Simon's partners.

Then Jesus said to Simon, "Don't be afraid; from now on you will catch men." 11So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him.

================================

I often question GOD's method of healing my life. I never understood why HE had me go through things, but each time I did, I emerged stronger and more faithful.

When I am in pain, I want out. When I am anxious for something, I want that thing right now. When I get an idea for something, I want it to be successful immediately.

GOD has never worked the way I wanted HIM to because I am not a patient person. I want HIS promises without the painful work or waiting.

JESUS saw some guys who had a great business idea. They would fish and make money. They probably got pretty good at it and knew there would be some good days and some bad days. Well, this was one of those bad days. They caught nothing and their business idea didn't look so prosperous.

JESUS climbed in their boat and preached. I wonder how long HE preached. Was it five minutes or an hour? Whatever the case JESUS captivated the audience. The disciples didn't know this was part of the healing process. They had to listen to HIM.

Then JESUS has them do something strange. Go back out and fish again. "Wait a minute, we are experienced fishermen and there is nothing out there today!", they probably thought. They obeyed which was another part of the healing process.

They rowed to an area where they probably never catch fish and lowered their nets. This was the last part of the healing process. They caught so many fish that two boats almost sank. Their business venture had paid off!

JESUS says those great words "Don't be afraid." HE said this because people always misunderstand HIS healing methods and timing. GOD has not changed since this incident. HE uses the same strange methodology on all of us. HE asks, "Do you want to be successful?", then do these things:

  • Listen to GOD for a while. GOD wants a relationship where HE does more of the talking.
  • Obey GOD for a while. GOD wants an obedient heart that is focused on HIM.
  • Trust GOD for a while. HE will have you do something strange that no one can explain. In fact, people may laugh at what you are doing.
  • Praise GOD for a while. When, not if, HE rescues you, use your testimony to point people to HIM.

I read the Bible and I see that GOD's methods are definitely not mine. Whenever I come up with a solution to a problem I have to question it because GOD sure does things WAY different than I would. HE cures ailments in me that I cannot see.

  • When I am sick with pride, HE highlights my flaws.
  • When I am sick with depression, HE brings sadder people in my life.
  • When I am sick with fear, HE brings something more frightening in my life.

Each time I am sick GOD sees my ailment in a different way and HE has me "go out into the deep and cast my net." I have never seen a time when HE hasn't answered my needs abundantly.

  • Are you willing to trust GOD today?
  • Are you trying to solve things on your own?
  • Does HE have you doing something strange?
  • Can you trust that the strange thing HE has you doing will work for HIS glory?
  • Can you be obedient a little longer?

No comments:

Post a Comment