Romans 12: 4 We have many parts in the one body, and all these parts have different functions. 5 In the same way, though we are many, we are one body in union with Christ, and we are all joined to each other as different parts of one body. 6 So we are to use our different gifts in accordance with the grace that God has given us. If our gift is to speak God's message, we should do it according to the faith that we have; 7 if it is to serve, we should serve; if it is to teach, we should teach; 8 if it is to encourage others, we should do so. Whoever shares with others should do it generously; whoever has authority should work hard; whoever shows kindness to others should do it cheerfully.
Preserving some of my junk in the move, I wrapped a mirror in newspaper to protect it. I placed the mirror in a box with books because it seemed like a perfect fit. Somewhere in transport, the mirror broke. Since it was still in the frame, I used it. I learned how to navigate the cracks for different purposes.
- There have been many times when I pondered my purpose.
- There have been many times when I wondered if I was doing what I was supposed to be doing.
- There have been many times when I questioned my purpose compared to another person’s purpose.
Paul tries to convince everyone to use their gifts and talents for the LORD. He eludes to the fact that some people are gifted one way and others are gifted another. Each person has a gift that they can do extremely well and it should be used for GOD.
- GOD wants me to use the gifts and talents HE gave me to serve HIM.
- GOD wants me to know I am not gifted in all ways, so I need other people.
- GOD wants me to be in union with others so together, we can make one body, which is CHRIST.
When the first human sinned, every human fell to GOD’s discipline. Every human became a sinner. We used to be made in GOD’s perfect image but fell to pieces, individually reflecting GOD, one tiny fragment at a time. My reflection is only part of one huge mirror that attempts to show GOD.
My fragment is no more or less important that another. It takes GOD to pick up the broken mirror and put it together to make something that can reflect HIM. HE fuses the broken pieces together so the entirety can be used. I am grateful GOD takes my tiny faith and connects it to other broken people.
- Do you think your gift is not valuable?
- Do you feel less than other people?
- Will you stop looking at other people and allow GOD to show you your gift and talent so you can use it to glorify HIM today?