Monday, March 15, 2010

Serve GOD with excitement!

Luke 19:11While they were listening to this, he went on to tell them a parable, because he was near Jerusalem and the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once. 12He said: "A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return. 13So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas.'Put this money to work,' he said, 'until I come back.'
14"But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, 'We don't want this man to be our king.'

15"He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it.

16"The first one came and said, 'Sir, your mina has earned ten more.'

17" 'Well done, my good servant!' his master replied. 'Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.'

18"The second came and said, 'Sir, your mina has earned five more.'

19"His master answered, 'You take charge of five cities.'

20"Then another servant came and said, 'Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. 21I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow.'

22"His master replied, 'I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? 23Why then didn't you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?'

24"Then he said to those standing by, 'Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.'

25" 'Sir,' they said, 'he already has ten!'

26"He replied, 'I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what he has will be taken away. 27But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me."

=============================

Who do you see yourself as in this story? I used to think I was the person who received the ten cities, now I see myself as the person with one 'Mina.' I may even see myself as one of the complainers who didn't want the king to rule their lives.

It's funny, when GOD says for me to do something, I whine and complain that I don't want to do that thing.

  • When HE says TRUST ME, I go and try to fix things on my own.
  • When HE says FORGIVE OTHERS, I hold a grudge.
  • When HE says FOLLOW ME, I go off and do my thing.
  • When HE says PRAY, I say I don't have time.
  • When HE says GIVE, I say I don't have enough.



This is a great scripture that tells me to go out and spread the GREAT news about JESUS. I sometimes think "what will this person think of me" or "I don't want to force my religion on them." JESUS says the task of telling people about HIS death, burial and resurrection would not be easy.

People hate hearing that their life is not focused on the one and only Savior. I know I don't like to hear this kind of talk. HE did say, follow MY ways and spread MY GOSPEL in spite of how you or others feel.

Now that I am over the embarrassment, I desire that my family, neighbors and others around the world know who CHRIST is in a saving way.

  • How are you serving JESUS today?
  • Does saying HIS name embarrass you?
  • Is there someone you can tell about what HE has done for you?
  • Do you believe in rewards or treasure in heaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment