Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Your situation may not be caused by you.

Luke 22:31"Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. 32But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

33But he replied, "Lord, I am ready to go with you to prison and to death."

34Jesus answered, "I tell you, Peter, before the rooster crows today, you will deny three times that you know me."

=================================

I get tired of good versus evil sometimes. Can't Satan just leave me alone? Well according to this scripture, NO! Have you ever asked "why me?" Well as I have said before, "why not you?!"

When I read this I realize that I am up against a being who is does not sleep and constantly seeks to destroy me. He doesn't play fair and does not want any good to come out of anything he puts in front of you.

When I became a Christian I said I am now an enemy of Satan. He accuses me each day in front of GOD and places temptations in front of me. Peter was a threat to Satan. His zealous contagious personality made him perfect for spreading the gospel. Satan wasn't going to go down without a fight.

BUT GOD stepped in and warned Peter of the battle he was headed into. HE knew Peter would fail the test and HE told him what he would do. GOD also knew that Peter would be one of the greatest preachers who ever walked the earth.

The temptation and sin is only temporary. Yes right now you feel guilty for whatever sin you committed yesterday or last week. GOD has forgiven you for that sin. HE has already forgotten about that sin and moved on. HE knows the wonderful things you are going to do for HIM.

Here is what we should focus on:

  • Look at praise not problems.
  • Look at hope not helplessness.
  • Look at faith not fear.
  • Look at GOD not guilt.

GOD placed HIS HOLY SPIRIT inside of me sealing me into eternity. Nothing can separate me from HIS love. Though I may be tempted and fall, I get up and praise the one and only SON of the living GOD.

GOD knows and loves the fact that I keep getting back up, asking HIM for forgiveness and walking in faith that HE will make things right. I am not worried about Satan sifting me, because GOD is on the other end picking me up.

  • What are you going through?
  • Could it be that you are being attacked?
  • Do you realize the affects of sin are only temporary distractions from serving GOD?
  • Do you realize that GOD may have something huge HE wants you to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment