Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Are you too "busy" to serve people?

Romans 1:8First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world. 9God, whom I serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you 10in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God's will the way may be opened for me to come to you.


 
11I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— 12that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith.

 

================================
 
I do not want to admit this but sometimes people are an inconvenience to me. The schedule is set and the priorities are in place then someone comes along with a problem that changes "my" plans. Don't they know "this" is important?

My sister has tried to get together with me for "prayer" for the past week. PRAYER is a wonderful sacred time, yet our busy schedule has prevented us from stopping for a moment to collectively talk to GOD. 

 
Busy schedules seem like they are impeding many from having a wonderful relationship with GOD. I think the one thing GOD craves from me is time. 
  • When I get too busy I fail to read GOD's Bible and I come up with my own solutions. 
  • When I get too busy I see people as an inconvenience to my schedule instead of allowing GOD to work "in the moment." 
  • When I get too busy I actually get worried because I have not settled my heart with prayer. 
"Busy doing what?", I had to ask. When I broke it down I usually was "busy" doing my own plan or "busy" being on automatic pilot. I would abandon the prayer and reading the Bible to start doing something to fix my problem.

 
Once I got busy doing "that" thing, I would stick to the plan until I accomplished my goal. People and their needs would instantly become an inconvenience to "my" plan.

 
Paul gives me another perspective. He "longed" to be with the people. In other words, "people" were never an inconvenience to his schedule because people "were" his schedule.
  • When people are the priority my plans become secondary. 
  • When people are the priority then I can truly have "abundant life." 
  • When people are the priority I feel the hole in my heart fill up. 
  • When people are the priority I can serve them without needing something back from them.

GOD put us here for each other. I should never look at someone as an inconvenience, rather a chance to serve GOD by serving HIS people.
  • When is the last time you got together with someone for prayer outside of church?
  • Do you desire to be around someone who has solid faith so yours can be strengthened?
  • Do you really desire to be around people to serve them?

No comments:

Post a Comment