Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Open your "eyes", "ears" and "heart" to understand GOD.

Acts 28:26" 'Go to this people and say,
"You will be ever hearing but never understanding; 
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving."

 
27For this people's heart has become calloused; 
they hardly hear with their ears, 
and they have closed their eyes. 
Otherwise they might see with their eyes, 
hear with their ears, 
understand with their hearts 
and turn, and I would heal them.'

 
28"Therefore I want you to know that God's salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen!"

 
==================================
 
My relationship with GOD is quite strange. I try to serve HIM, but I find myself falling into "holes." A "hole" is a place where I feel alone, like during a trial or an uncomfortable situation.

 
During these times I open my mouth and demand that GOD change the circumstances and I want HIM to rescue me out of the "hole" that I am in. I pray about the "hole" and then I get upset that HE isn't rescuing me fast enough or the way I want to be rescued. 
  • GOD does things in HIS time, not mine. 
  • GOD rescues me HIS way, not mine. 
  • GOD uses HIS great plans for me, not mine. 
  • GOD uses HIS strength to resolve situations, not mine.

When I am in the "hole" I can't see what GOD is doing. I need someone to come along and tell me that GOD is great and that HE isn't punishing me, rather HE is transforming my heart to be more like HIS.

 
Paul was told to speak to the most stubborn people in the world. He was sent on a mission by GOD to reach people who "had it all together." GOD knew they would not accept Paul, yet HE gave them a chance to believe.  
  • When I am not open to day to day changes sent from GOD, my ears are closed. 
  • When I ignore my neighbors, coworkers or family, my eyes are closed. 
  • When I hear GOD's message about belief, faith and grace and I still blame and judge people, my heart is closed.

 
GOD wants me to open my eyes to see what great things HE is doing. HE doesn't want me to focus on the "hole" rather HE wants me to focus on the BEING who made the "hole."

 
GOD desires that I open my ears and hear what HE wants me to do. I have a problem with hearing because I try to do it with my mouth. I beg and beg HIM for the wrong things like a baby asking for the "sharp, harmful thing" just taken from them.

 
GOD craves my "open" heart. This is the heart that believes everything will turn out just as HE planned. This heart believes thoroughly in GOD and what HE is saying to me through HIS Bible, HIS creations and HIS SPIRIT.

 
Salvation has been given to me and now HE says "Go tell those who 'I' send to you that salvation is theirs if they only would open their eyes, ears and hearts."
  • Can you "see" what GOD is doing in your life or are you stuck on your situation?
  • Can you "hear" the still, quiet voice of the HOLY SPIRIT trying to calm you down?
  • Is your "heart" open to GOD's message of faith and courage?
  • Are you listening to "you" or GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment