Monday, June 7, 2010

What has GOD "chosen" you to do?

Acts 21:14"Then he said: 'The God of our fathers has chosen you to know his will and to see the Righteous One and to hear words from his mouth. 15You will be his witness to all men of what you have seen and heard. 16And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.'

 
========================================

I have said many times before that I'm no one special. I think of myself as being quite ordinary. When I hear about "GOD's will" I get nervous. What in the world can GOD do with ordinary me.

 

I hear about some great men and women who gave their lives for what they believed in. They sacrificed their time. talent and finances to serve GOD. But what about me? I don't think I'm anywhere near as dedicated as these people.

 

In fact, some time ago I complained that the preacher went too long or the choir wasn't singing my song. I would judge the leaders of the church for trying to sleep with all the women and then as I gave my $5 I would complain that someone was trying to steal the money anyway so why give?

 

When I am selfish, I can't hear GOD.

When I judge someone else, I am too busy talking and not busy listening.

When I complain, I am not praising GOD.

 

GOD has some simple tasks for HIS humans. HE simply wants people to turn to HIM and believe in HIS SON. Paul was a scoundrel who could not wait to eradicate the people who believed that JESUS died in their place.

 

HE thought he was doing the right thing and was not concerned about understanding what people were going through. He wanted his way and that was it. Paul was the perfect servant for GOD.

  • GOD calls people who are broken.
  • GOD calls people who are scoundrels.
  • GOD calls people who know they are sick.
  • GOD called me.

Until I realized "I" was the problem, I could not serve GOD the way HE wanted to be served. I couldn't hear HIM much because I was too busy complaining that something is wrong. It's funny how GOD works in my life. HE tends to be extremely quiet when I have a complaint and screams loudly when I sit and listen.
  • I can hear GOD's will when I read the Bible.
  • I can hear GOD's will when I seek to truly serve someone without expecting something in return.
  • I can hear GOD's will when I turn away from the sins that distract me from hearing HIM.

 
If GOD shouted with all HIS might nothing in creation would be left. GOD speaks in a small still voice when HE has my attention. I can hear HIM loud and clear when I read a verse pertaining to my situation.

 
He orchestrates circumstances in my life that I know only HE brought me through. Now HE is giving me a very simple message today. "And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.' "

 
  • What is GOD's will for your life?
  • Are you too busy complaining that you cannot hear HIM?
  • Have you sat down and just listened to HIM?
  • How are you seeking GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment