Tuesday, June 8, 2010

When GOD is with you "Take Courage!"

 Acts 23: 9There was a great uproar, and some of the teachers of the law who were Pharisees stood up and argued vigorously. "We find nothing wrong with this man," they said. "What if a spirit or an angel has spoken to him?" 10The dispute became so violent that the commander was afraid Paul would be torn to pieces by them. He ordered the troops to go down and take him away from them by force and bring him into the barracks.

 

11The following night the Lord stood near Paul and said, "Take courage! As you have testified about me in Jerusalem, so you must also testify in Rome."

 
===================

Wow. I am still amazed at how many times GOD says "take courage!" It seems like I just wrote about this the other day. No matter how rough and tough my situation gets, I guess I am supposed to take courage.

 

But what happens when I just can't do it? Am I sinning because I can't muster up the courage to get things done? It makes me feel worse when I am afraid and wondering if I disappointed GOD in some way to be going through this situation.

 

Then when I read this scripture I see that GOD still doesn't work the way I think HE works. 
  • When GOD has a plan no one can stop it. 
  • When GOD has a plan things may seem dismal, but HE always has a way. 
  • When GOD has a plan I have to accept what HE is doing with HIS plan, even the outcome.

Paul was in a very messy situation. He was nearing the end of his journey and was about to face death, again! GOD said "I have another plan for you."

  • When GOD changes "the plan that I see", I shouldn't fight it.
  • When GOD goes in a different direction, I should be ready for an adventure not a miserable ride.
  • When GOD shows me what HE can do, it should give me faith, not discourage me.

 

GOD protected Paul for another discussion. Forty men vowed to kill him, yet GOD had him escape to speak about HIS SON another day. I don't know about you, but life is a daily adventure for me. God and bad things happen, yet GOD is still there with me.
  • Are you discouraged?
  • Can you see that GOD may have changed the plan that you see?
  • Is there some difficulty that you are facing?
  • Is GOD powerful enough to change your situation?
  • Why hasn't HE changed the situation yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment