Thursday, June 3, 2010

You are very special to GOD!

 Acts 19:11God did extraordinary miracles through Paul, 12so that even handkerchiefs and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and their illnesses were cured and the evil spirits left them.



==========================================

I get envious of people with supernatural or extraordinary powers. I am just a plain ole guy that ordinary things happen to daily. I don't see fire come down from heaven or bodies of water parting in front of me. 

Sometimes since I am so "ordinary" I question if GOD is using me. I mean, shouldn't there be some sort of magic or at least one of my enemies dropping dead at my feet?  

I have heard preachers and Bible scholars try to explain the book of Acts and they state that the miracles were performed for "that" time and maybe only for that specific need. The problem I have with that statement is throughout history, GOD did extraordinary things. 

Even after HIS SON JESUS was raised and taken to heaven, miracles like the one listed here pointed people to HIM. I believe that GOD still does part bodies of water, heal people supernaturally and feed thousands from a small amount of food. Just because I don't see it or hear about it doesn't mean it isn't happening.
  • GOD made me for a purpose. 
  • GOD made me special. 
  • GOD made me just the way I am. 
  • GOD made me specifically to reach a person or a group of people. 
  • GOD made me and HE is not wrong for making me the way HE made me.

I see that Paul has supernatural powers that were from GOD. He didn't know his sweat would be used to heal people, nor was he trying to be special. GOD chose him for that purpose. GOD chooses people for specific purposes and I should not be envious of someone else’s special power.

  
  • When I envy another person's talent, I do not glorify GOD. 
  • When I envy another person's talent, I cannot see what GOD is doing in my life. 
  • When I envy another person's talent, I think of myself as being less than someone else.
  • When I envy another person's talent, I don't give GOD enough credit for making me special!

 GOD uses ordinary people to do extraordinary things.

  • When I face adversity with a smile, it is a miracle.  
  • When I rejoice about salvation, its a wonder GOD saved me.
  • When I pray for my neighbors, friends and family, it’s amazing that GOD listens to me.


I am quite amazed at the relationship I have with GOD. My lack of faith makes me want to see the blind healed and the lame walk at my command. I must believe that GOD did these things and is still quite capable of doing them today.


HE does everything with a purpose. HE does miracles to point people to HIS SON and HE made me just the way I am to... guess what... point people to HIS SON!
  • Do you know you are special to GOD?
  • Do you realize you were made for a purpose?
  • Are you living up to your purpose in life?
  • Is sin, worry or doubt clouding your eyes and you cannot "see" your purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment