Thursday, September 30, 2010

Does my life have purpose?

Galatians 1: 22 I was personally unknown to the churches of Judea that are in Christ. 23They only heard the report: "The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy." 24And they praised God because of me.

 
=======================

Tattered plaid pants that were too short, uncombed hair, skinny and glasses with thick “professor” like frames does not describe your idea of dreamy hunk. In fact it describes a nerd who attracts bullies. Okay you can stop laughing at this person, namely “me.”

 
It seemed like so many people were able to have the latest fashion and I wasn’t. Their hair cooperated and mine didn’t. I didn’t like food then so I was as big as a whisper and everyone seemed to have such a better life.
  • GOD always had a purpose for me, even from my birth.
  • HE saw each and every one of my sins and still said “I have the perfect job for you.”
  • GOD gets excited when I fulfill my purpose of telling people how great HIS SON is.
  • HE is the one who determines who is “great” and who isn’t.

When I looked at my life and compared it to others, it didn’t seem fair. “Everybody is teasing me”, I thought to myself, then I was told about JESUS accepts people just as they are, no matter what sin they have committed. Wow! I can be accepted by someone?! This is GREAT NEWS!
  • JESUS accepted me before HE made me.
  • HE saw my sins before I committed them and sentenced me to Hell.
  • HE then took the sentence for me by dying in my place.
  • GOD the FATHER raised HIM and placed HIM above everything.

Years later a very gracious woman married this crazy looking sort. I have traveled around the world spreading CHRIST’s gospel and I have served many. I never would have thought this would happen to me. I mean, who would want to listen to me?

 
Paul persecuted the church and was thoroughly against CHRIST. He was an “anti-CHRIST.” His zeal for moving against the church was driven by his blind beliefs and misconceptions of GOD. BUT GOD had a purpose for Paul to write most of the New Testament and suffer, serve and save many.

 
My life has been full of surprises. Speaking through translators to tell people about CHRIST was never a dream of mine. I just wanted to be accepted. Now I see GOD can use anyone, just look at Paul and me.
  • Do you think GOD cannot use you?
  • What is your purpose in life?
  • Are you busy seeking riches and fame or can you focus a little of your attention on GOD?
  • Can GOD use your sadness to brighten someone else’s life?
  • Can you “lead” in spite of your situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment