Thursday, September 2, 2010

Great news, HE “is” alive!

1 Corinthians 15: 2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

 
3For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. 6After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep.

=========================

 
On Christmas Eve I stared at the fake tree with its twinkling lights in anticipation of this year’s grab. When the crack of dawn hit I said to myself “finally it’s here!” With joy I tore open my presents and played with games and toys my parents had so carefully wrapped.

 
Later that same day some of the toys were placed to the side because I was already bored with them. The same excitement, anticipation, elation and then boredom seemed to ring true for my Christian life. I mean all GOD expects me to do is tell people about HIS SON? Where is the excitement in that?
  • Being bored with the “Great News” may mean I don’t really know what was done for me.
  • Being bored with the “Great News” makes me look at GOD as a servant rather than my savior.
  • Being bored with the “Great News” shows up in my life and others are not drawn to GOD rather they are repulsed by my hypocrisy.
I have met recovering cancer patients and alcoholics who have a new lease on life. They overcame an extreme situation and they celebrate it every moment they can. They have no shame in telling people they almost died and now they are alive!

 
GOD wants me to be excited about HIM the same as when I first realized I needed HIS SON JESUS as my savior from the penalty of my sins. Every moment I get a chance, I need to thank HIM or tell others about HIS SON.
  • Telling people about JESUS is not repetitious if I truly cared for the person.
  • Explaining the “Great News” in simple terms is challenging and requires thought and new approaches daily.
  • Situations occur in my life and others that hinder me telling the “Great News”, this only keeps it interesting.

Yes, I no longer fit in the world and that is a fear for many. But HE has challenged me as HE challenged Paul, who wrote most of the New Testament, to keep HIS humans from rejecting JESUS as the one and only savior to eternal life.
  • Are you bored with the “Great News” about JESUS?
  • Is it hard for you to be excited about hearing when people accept CHRIST?
  • When you go to church are you preparing yourself to spread the gospel to someone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment