Monday, September 13, 2010

I like what I’m becoming!

2 Corinthians 3: 17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

============

September meant classes were in full swing. The once empty town was now full of life and it also meant the freshmen would be there. We called them “fresh meat” because that’s what we thought of them. We knew there would be girls who wanted their “freedom” from their parents and those are the ones we would pursue. (Not in a good way!)
  • Freedom means living for CHRIST and not being stuck pursuing the world’s pleasures.
  • Freedom means helping people grow to know JESUS rather than sloppily getting my own way.
  • Freedom means believing GOD has my back rather than worrying about the future.
When JESUS saved me he left me in a strange state. I no longer will go to Hell, but I am free to sin. This is a very strange and wonderful concept, yet it saddens me sometimes. What I mean is being saved is great but I don’t like when I sin. I feel like I’m disappointing the one being who truly understands me.
  • GOD understands and forgives me for “all” of my sins.
  • GOD transforms me each day and gives me courage to face my sins and drop them little by little.
  • GOD places difficult circumstances in my life to keep me focused on HIM to build my trust.
  • GOD knows I can’t hide from HIM so I may as well be truthful with HIM and myself.
  • GOD has a plan for me to grow to “greatness.”
Moses saw the LORD’s glory with a peek at the SPIRIT. His face began to shine because he had been in the LORD’s presence. Unfortunately his radiant face began to fade so he hid it with a veil to pretend it was still there.

GOD wants my face to be “unveiled” showing that my righteousness comes from HIM and not me. HE wants me to openly admit “I still sin” so that others who sin might be attracted to the one who did not sin. HE also wants people to know that I am not “sinless” but “I sin less and less.”


Transformation is a wonderful thing. It is a process that takes patience and I’m glad GOD has enough patience with me to spare.
  • Are you still rebelling against GOD and expecting good results?
  • Is GOD changing your life?
  • Are you helping someone else change their life for CHRIST?
  • Is GOD asking you to drop a selfish area of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment