Friday, September 24, 2010

“My” weakness makes “you” stronger!

2 Corinthians 11: 30If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.

 
===========
 

 
“Where is everybody”, I thought to myself as I went to my desk. The office was never this empty. Then one of my coworkers invited me into the conference room. “Surprise!” everyone yelled not because of my birthday, but because I had won the highest award in the company. My wife and kids were there to celebrate. I was on top of the world and ready to tell everyone about it.
  • Titles and awards do not impress GOD.
  • Bragging about worldly achievements only gets noticed by humans not GOD.
  • Seeking human affirmation causes me to please humans and not seek to please GOD.

After winning that award my family didn’t see much of me. I was married to a new mistress namely work. Money, honor and titles continued to pour in. I had made it! I thought. That is until I ran into “that” group of political people.
  • Hearing about my weakness enables people to realize GOD is with me through my storms.
  • Seeing how GOD sustains a sinner like me let’s people know that HE can do the same for them.
  • Listening to my excitement about GOD grows people and challenges them to show their faith.

For years I thought “strength” was in title and bank accounts. The bigger my title or the larger my account the more sure of myself I became. I never realized that I was actually more fearful and less equipped than I thought.

  • When I depend on my intelligence I downplay GOD’s power.
  • When I go through trials I want to temporarily use GOD then go back to my old ways.
  • When I seek human approval, I hide my sin and flaws but when I seek GOD’s approval I point my sinful life toward HIM.

Paul had been beaten, shipwrecked, lost, murdered (yes I said murdered) and he still pursued GOD with vim and vigor. He realized human approval would never bring any good. He sought to please GOD and HIS life turned upside down. Humans laughed at him BUT GOD made him strong.

 
I see GOD’s blessings on my life now. In spite of trials GOD’s name is what I will praise!
  • Are you seeking human approval?
  • Are you seeking to brag about your title or status?
  • Are you ashamed about your sinful life?
  • Have you thought about telling people about your sins, fears, doubts and worries?
  • Can you also share your faith that GOD will bring you through?

No comments:

Post a Comment