Monday, November 29, 2010

Help, I’m being attacked!

1 Thessalonians 5: 8 But let us who live in the light be clearheaded, protected by the armor of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation.

 9 For God chose to save us through our Lord Jesus Christ, not to pour out his anger on us. 10 Christ died for us so that, whether we are dead or alive when he returns, we can live with him forever. 11 So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.

============

Twenty minutes was all they gave me on the agenda at one of the conventions. Specific problems had emerged and I was determined to smooth things over with the large crowd. Unfortunately the group who had invited me used this opportunity to ambush the project.

The twenty minutes turned into a two and a half hour discussion full of rage and insults.  All I could think about was “where is my help?”
  • Rough times makes me think bad thoughts.
  • Difficult problems focuses me on the negative.
  • Stressful situations puts me in a mood where I want to give up.
GOD wants me to “think clearly” during difficult times. I guess this is why HE gave us HIS Bible. HE wants me to see HIS superiority, splendor, majesty, dominion and power. HE wants me to focus on HIS love rather than thinking on negative thoughts that could take me away from seeing HIS love.
  • I need to put on the armor of love when times get tough.
  • I need to put on the armor of faith when I doubt and worry.
  • I need to wear the helmet of confidence, knowing GOD has a better plan than the one in my worries.
GOD wants me to “think clearly” so that I can see HIM in the way HE wants to be seen. HE wants to show me love to it’s extreme. These thoughts are very exciting and now I can encourage someone to do the same. Encouragement is the real goal.
  • If I can encourage someone then maybe they will have a better day.
  • If I can encourage someone then maybe they will do the same for someone else.
  • If I can encourage someone then maybe, just maybe they won’t reject the great news of JESUS’ salvation.
Instead of me “being heard” GOD wants to be heard and HIS words are encouraging to all.
  • Can you “think clearly” enough to see GOD loves you?
  • Do you have confidence that GOD is doing a great plan in your life?
  • Is there someone you can encourage today?

No comments:

Post a Comment