Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I heard about how good you are!

Colossians 1:  9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives,

 10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, 12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.

============

Orientation was long that day especially since it was a conference call because we lived in different states. When they announced my name several people said “Oh I’ve heard of you! We can’t wait to have you join us on this mission’s trip.”

My sister had told the people of her church about my prior mission’s trips and a good reputation had been established. This trip with her church was headed to China for the purpose of spreading the gospel through teaching English. The prayers for the trip were carefully chosen and I am glad because we did face a spiritual battle.
  • People should know me as a person of GOD instead of another reputation.
  • People should know my good works without me telling them.
  • People should know I am consistent with my beliefs no matter the circumstance.
I have to admit I want a prayer like the one Paul gave to the Colossians. Listen to what I desire.
  • Pray that GOD fills me with the knowledge of HIS will otherwise I will make my own plans.
  • Pray that GOD gives me understanding through HIS SPIRIT otherwise I will jump to conclusions.
  • Pray that GOD blesses my life that I may live to please HIM otherwise I will pout and run away from HIM.
  • Pray that GOD enables fruit in my life otherwise I will try to control my circumstances.
  • Pray that GOD grows my endurance and patience otherwise I will give up too soon.
The LORD should still be praised even through difficult tumultuous times. I have to thank GOD for giving me a great inheritance instead of complaining that I didn’t get my way out of the latest trial. GOD you are awesome and I thank YOU for the blessings You have given me this day!
  • Do people know about your love of GOD?
  • Can people see HIS light shining through you?
  • Are your complaints or helplessness preceding you?
  • Can you serve others without bragging about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment