Wednesday, April 6, 2011

GOD knows what I’m going through.

Revelations 2: 2 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. 3 You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.

============

Finally I was out of my parents’ house and on my own. Even though I had been sort of on my own for a while, I now had “my” place. I even decided to live a better life so I started going to church, reading the Bible and praying. I figured that if I were good then only good things would happen to me.

My car broke down in the middle of nowhere so I had to get a new one, months later I had chest pains so severe I couldn’t breathe, my pay check had an issue, and to top it off someone broke in my new car and stole my music collection that took years to acquire! “Wait a minute LORD! I’m trying to live for YOU! Why are things going wrong in my life?”
  • It is a false expectation to think life will be easy when I serve the LORD.
  • It is a false expectation to think life will be easy because all humans including me are sinful.
  • It is a false expectation to think life will be easy on Earth when GOD is going to get rid of it and put me in HIS new place HE is creating.

JESUS said life would be difficult to those who believe in HIM and HE wasn’t kidding. I have been ridiculed, questioned and accused because of my beliefs and I live in a land where I can speak freely. There are many people around the world who speak about CHRIST and are imprisoned or killed. GOD knows all about it.

  • GOD knows when I make a feeble attempt to serve others and HE is pleased.
  • GOD knows when I am going through a difficult period and I choose to remain pure to HIS word.
  • GOD knows when I am faced with trouble on all sides yet HE gives me strength to endure.

Perseverance is important to those who follow GOD. HE doesn’t just zap problems away but HE does build up the fire inside me to recognize HIS love for me during difficult times. Now that I have lived for HIM for a number of years, I still have days when it seems like everything just falls apart. Knowing that GOD is pleased with me is sometimes the only thing that holds me together.

  • Are you going through difficult times?
  • Can you “endure” for GOD?
  • Can you “persevere” long enough to see what GOD has in store for you after this trial?
  • Will you praise GOD today in spite of your troubles and trials?

No comments:

Post a Comment