Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What color are my clothes?

Revelation 19: 6 Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:

“Hallelujah!
For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
7 Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!

For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
and his bride has made herself ready.
8 Fine linen, bright and clean,
was given her to wear.”

(Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God’s holy people.)

9 Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.”

============
  • When I try to do a righteous act with the wrong motive then “my clothes are stained.”
  • When I blame someone else for the sin I do then “my clothes are stained.”
  • When I continue to blatantly sin and expect GOD to forgive me then “my clothes are stained.”
  • When I lie, cheat and steal to get my way then “my clothes are stained.”
GOD made me for HIS purposes. HE knows I will not be perfect so HE made a way for me to “earn” rewards for every righteous deed I do on earth. I guess this is the best loyalty program I can ever be in.
  • Every “sincere” righteous act I do pleases GOD tremendously.
  • Serving others without expecting something in return is a form of a righteous act.
  • Praising GOD in the middle of troubled times is a form of a righteous act.
  • Learning more about the FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT is a form of a righteous act.
  • Abstaining from judging others but showing them love, mercy and grace is a form of a righteous act.
Salvation is GOD’s realm for HIS SON made a way for me to eternally be saved but my reaction to what GOD has done for me brings on many rewards.

  • When is the last time you served someone without expecting anything in return?
  • Can you serve someone just to please GOD?
  • Will you serve the difficult person in hopes that they will turn to GOD?
  • Can you drop your judgment of them for at least one day?

No comments:

Post a Comment