Friday, June 1, 2012

Five steps to a GODLY life

1 Corinthians 16: 13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love. 14 

============

Following GOD seems very hard sometimes. I mean there are enough people telling me that I’m doing it wrong.  “Stand up” “Sit down” “Pray x times a day” “Wear these clothes” “Work there.” It makes GOD seem distant, uncaring and unforgiving. What should I be doing?

  • Step 1 – Be on your guard. I believe GOD wants me to always be looking for time where the enemy will challenge me and try to throw me off my game.
  • Step 2 – Stand firm in the faith. There are times when I will be thrown off my game but I need to believe GOD has the situation handled.
  • Step 3 – Be courageous. I can’t live in fear especially from telling people about GOD’s SON.
  • Step 4 – Be strong. Step away from the temptation. Step away from the doubt.
  • Step 5 – Do everything in love. I have to drop my vindictive spirit.

When I read this list I see I fail miserably most times. BUT GOD gets excited when I do these things every now and then. HE loves when I am on my guard this time, when I stand firm in HIS faith this time, when I am courageous and strong this time and when I sometimes do things in love.

GOD’s grace is sufficient and HIS love is everlasting. HE enjoys my efforts and they are enough.

  • Are you actively trying to grow your relationship with GOD?
  • Are you seeking to be used to grow HIS kingdom?
  • Can you “stand firm in the faith” today?
  • Will you seek to show love towards “that” person?

No comments:

Post a Comment