Wednesday, June 13, 2012

HE promised to be with me.

2 Corinthians 6: 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:
“I will live with them
    and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.”

============

“First days” seem to be a bit rough for me. On the first day of school I didn’t know anyone and it seemed everyone was playing as I stood and watched. I felt lonely. On the first day of the convention I walked around and it seemed like everyone knew each other. I was new and in unfamiliar territory. I felt alone.

  • Sometimes when I’m in a large crowd, I feel alone.
  • Sometimes when I’m in a room full of people, I feel lonely.
  • Sometimes when I’m in a place where I don’t know the people around me I feel secluded.

The desire to “fit in” becomes an obstacle to my walk with CHRIST. Even though people may be going against GOD I think to myself “wouldn’t it be great to have ‘fun’ like them?” GOD wants more from me.

  • GOD wants me to worship HIM as GOD not a wish maker.
  • GOD wants me to follow HIS ways not make ways for HIM to follow.
  • GOD wants me to “know” that HE will be with me always even when I think I’m alone.

I am never alone.  HE promised to be right there with me every step of the way. HE is my GOD and I am HIS person. HE protects me, guides me and comforts me in the time of my worries. HE is GOD.

  • Do you feel alone even when you are around people?
  • Do you think no one cares about you?
  • Can you trust GOD’s love for you?
  • Will you seek HIM today so HE can show you HIS love?

No comments:

Post a Comment