Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I’m the most humble person I know

!
1 Peter 5:Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

============

As the speaker stammered over their words I thought to myself, “I can present better than that person, why am I not on stage?” I mean from the unscientific poll I took, all the people around me believe I am the better speaker and quite honestly I “deserve” to be in that spot. I met with my boss and got this response, “you’re not ready.”

“Hmph! Not ready!? They don’t know how “excellent I am!”

  • When I am proud I am not pleasing GOD.
  • When I think more highly of myself I am not pleasing GOD.
  • When I believe I “deserve” more than what I am getting I am not pleasing GOD.

Sometimes my desires get in the way of hearing GOD. I mean I want my way so bad that I close my ears to HIM and head down my own path. When I run into trouble on my path then I turn to GOD or possibly blame HIM for my situation. Since GOD despises self-made pride, what am I to do? Should I lack confidence? Should I not speak up? GOD has another way.

  • GOD wants me to give HIM credit for every idea and plan.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIM what HE wants me to do with every idea and plan.
  • GOD wants me to be able to accept HIM changing or stopping the idea or plan.

For a goal oriented person like myself, “failure is not an option.” I will make sure “this” thing works but it usually causes me great anxiety in the process. GOD wants me to let HIM take care of all the ideas and plans and know HE cares for me so I can let go of the outcome and pay more attention to the process HE is taking me through to grow me.

  • Has your confidence turned into arrogance?
  • Do you believe that if you are not there things would fall apart?
  • Are you anxious about “failure” just because you said something should succeed and GOD may want it to fail?
  • Can you let go of the outcome of “that” idea or plan and let GOD decide on its success?

No comments:

Post a Comment