Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Live free but show respect

1 Peter 2: 16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. 17 Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.

============

“How did this idiot get picked over me” I thought to myself. I mean He has no skills, doesn’t know what I know and definitely doesn’t have the best interest of others in mind. “I” could do better if “I” were the boss.

  • Sometimes arrogance causes me to think more highly of myself.
  • Sometimes I use my salvation to do whatever evil I want and I say “well I’m saved so I’m forgiven.”
  • Sometimes my lack of respect for leaders makes me look like a complainer rather than a person of love.

This statement hit hard.  I mean how am I to show “everyone” respect? What about people who don’t like me or better yet what about people I don’t like? What if I feel that my leader is an idiot? GOD thinks differently.

  • GOD says honor those in authority because I have to consciously remove my arrogance.
  • GOD says expose my evil and never let salvation be a freedom to blatantly keep sinning.
  • GOD says fear only HIM for HE is the only one who can destroy the soul.
  • GOD says love those who love HIM even when they are difficult to love.

I must realize that “every” human is GOD’s human and I must show them respect. Yes, I will sin but my efforts must be on holiness rather than giving up to get my way.

  • Are you blatantly living the way you want and are not pleasing to GOD?
  • Do you honestly believe the way you speak about “that” person is respectful to GOD?
  • Can you submit yourself to your leaders and change your mind set to think more highly of them than yourself?

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment